Monday, September 5, 2011

Quilting

I've been looking at these two websites this weekend. www.diaryofaquilter.com and www.freemotionproject.com

I must admit, I'm kind of fascinated. Now, I've done my fair share of sewing-related projects... Patchwork quilt, scripture case, purse, jean quilt with flannel backing, notecards (yes, I have sewed paper), hemming children's clothing, patching holes in children's clothing... But I was looking at these quilts with different filler patterns and I'm getting a quilting bug.

But here's my dilemma... Where the heck will I find the time? I work 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. I come home and devote my entire evening to kid-related activities. The weekends are slam packed with... relaxing from the week. Hahahaha... Gotcha there, right? I'm seriously so drained I barely want to get up to cook. (But I force myself since I love food and want good stuff since I "technically" have time to do so.) I just have to suck it up prioritize my "wants" in my life, I guess. Do I want to make a quilt? Or do I want to relax? Do I want to veg and continue to gain even more weight? (Don't worry, we'll get to that subject soon...) Or do I want to get off my butt and do something productive with my time?

Too many decisions... I think I need a nap....